Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Eye of the Beholder......


I sold a mixed media collage at the High Hand Gallery today!  I was excited that I had sold something but I feel especially good knowing it went to someone who really appreciated it.  The woman who it belongs to now is visually impaired and was very excited to find art that she could experience through touch.  She liked that the fan moves.

Although many of my art pieces are dimensional because I work with found objects I hadn't really thought much about the tactile aspect of my art.  I should have, especially after teaching a visual art residency to a visually impaired class.  At the time I was mostly concerned about the my student's experience making art while not being able to see and I didn't think about how they would enjoy and experience the artwork after it was made.  Even though I'm a "visual" artist I think I'll have to keep in mind that people "see" in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment