Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Georgia O'Keefe Inspired Watercolors

Today the first graders created gorgeous, Georgia O'Keefe inspired flowers using watercolors, watercolor pencils and black glue outlines.  I am so happy with the way these turned out.  I've done this project with first, third and sixth graders and I think these first graders rivaled some of the sixth graders!  It took some pushing and prodding but I finally got them to draw their flowers BIG so they filled the page. The kids usually have a hard time grasping the idea of keeping the paint wet and try to use it like tempera paint.  They also tend to blend everything into a not so lovely shade of gray but his group got the concept down in one lesson.  I love the black outlines contrasting with the vibrant washes of color.


No comments:

Post a Comment