Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Newest Artwork

"Disconnect"   mixed media/ceramic/steel/acrylic

I love teaching but when I spend the bulk of my time teaching or prepping for classes it makes it hard to find time for my own artwork.  I'm trying to get a few pieces finished in time for an show at American River College.  This is a piece I've been working on for awhile that I plan to call "Disconnect".   It is inspired by my love/hate relationship with technology.  I love technology and the way it has made our lives so much easier but I worry about the negative role it plays in our relationships, especially with the up coming generation.  We are becoming more and more focused on our gadgets and there is a growing disconnect between the real people and things in our lives and our virtual experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment